The office will be closed from friday 1st July until Friday 8th July as we will be relocating temporarily, to the first floor. We will be unable to access phones or emails during much of this period. We apologise for any inconvenience caused but unfortunately, this is beyond our control.
Raising the level of excellence
in the security industry
The South African Institute of Security is
committed to heightening and maintaining the level of excellence
and professional competence of security practitioners, through:
- skills development training (Sector Safety and Security Training
and Education Authority), diplomas/degrees through the University
of South Africa (UNISA) and bursary schemes;
- implementing our Code of Ethics;
- encouraging the advancement of technology;
- enhancing the credibility, reputation and ethos of
our membership by upholding high standards of qualification and
- providing a career structure for the security industry through
recognition of professional examinations for the levels of Graduate,
Member and Fellow;
- liasing with business, industry, commerce, government departments,
public bodies, professions, academic institutions and other associations;
- printing and distributing books, pamphlets, papers and
articles of the
activities of the Institute and security profession;
- inspiring trust among the public at large by raising issues
that focus on their needs
for safety and security.
We encourage role players and stake holders
to join the Institute and enjoy the benefits of membership:
- Independent and objective evaluation of your status as a security
professional according to the membership grades of the Institute.
- A variety of networking opportunities within the Private
Security Industry through: regular lunch seminars with
high profile speakers, annual dinner, annual golf day,
annual bowls day and topical workshops.
communication with members regarding training, education
and development, and other issues that affect the
a member of a professional body within the security
to the latest information regarding security training,
education and development in South Africa and internationally.